Saturday 9 May 2015

The Day - Part One

The day can be split into 

Doing
Eating/ drinking
Relaxing
Sleeping
Walking up and downstairs

Let's start off with Doing

Downstairs

Take supper plates and glasses into the kitchen, fold blankets and straighten cushions. Anything for upstairs is put at the bottom of the stairs to take up.

Eating

The cat is fed and watered. Our breakfast is next which is usually toast. Only one slice for me with Marmite (love it or hate it). Breakfast tray taken - 

Upstairs

Breakfast in bed of course with a cup of tea.

Getting up is a leisurely process which, as well as ablutions, involves cleaning sinks and/or toilets and checking E-Mails etc.

Downstairs

Put breakfast things away and tidy the kitchen of debris, crumbs and last night's supper plates. Time now to take the cat a walk in the garden where I sweep the path  and hoe the weeds which seem to spring up overnight and shoot up very, very quickly after a downpour. The cat tray needs emptying.

Inside to put the kettle on for a coffee (him) and hot water with lemon (me). The coffee is taken - 

Upstairs

… to the office after which I go

Downstairs

… to straighten the cat covers in the back room, sweep the garden room and shake the blanket which is on the sofa. Straighten up the mags and put the newspapers for recycling. Hey there, I've found a little bit of wool on the floor which I can use for my Rainbow blanket. Now to sweep and mop the kitchen floor (note to self: don't have a black kitchen floor next time) and hoover downstairs. Ironing beckons which I always try to get out of the way after a wash is dry. Today it was 3 napkins, 2 large T-shirts (his) and 4 tops (mine) 3 of which were bargain pound rail tops from the CS.

Busy tops for busty lady! Let's camouflage!
The dried washing also entailed folding up a million Tea towels. I'll just put all these specs in one place so DH knows where to find them. They always tend to go walking just when he needs them.


Upstairs

… to put away the ironed clothes and tidy the bedroom. Clothes just seem to appear on the floor. Where to put clothes after being worn is always a problem if they are not ready for the wash basket. Should I fold them and put them on the bed, on the floor, hang them over the wardrobe door or what? I tidy a top drawer as I'm putting away and hanging. Considering I don't wear all that many clothes the drawers and wardrobes tend to get into an awful mess. Dust the dressing table, that's a good girl, where does it all come from?

Downstairs

… to put the kettle on for the next brew.

Upstairs

… to deliver the coffee. Straighten DD's old room briefly and dust the surfaces. (Note to self: redo the shelves).

Downstairs

…  to sit in the garden room and drink my lemon and decide on what's for lunch.

Lunch is beans on toast (one slice) with Worcester Sauce sprinkled over. Afters is one banana and 2 satsumas. Listen to Moneybox on the radio.

Walk the cat and inspect the garden again.

Upstairs

… to find my crocheting and 

Downstairs

… to sit in the garden room with the cat for a little bit of hooky wooky and to log my day here.

xx




6 comments:

  1. busy day, we only have our master bedroom upstairs, but I go up and down so many times in the day, oh well great exercise, glad to see you had me time in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up, down, up, down, sounds like our place, it's even up and down to go outside.
    Love your blouses, look very similar twosome of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm shattered with all the upstairs/downstairs stuff! It's not until you write down everything we actually do do, that you realise even a lazy day is hectic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely need a bungalow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am exhausted by all the upstairs and downstairs. Didn't know you could own that many pairs of glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like my house!
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.