Wednesday 22 April 2015

Useless?

Yes. The balls of wool were just languishing in the drawer not doing anything in particular, just there.
Unused?  Yes, I kept passing them over in favour of better colours, larger amounts, better feel.
But …


now I've been using them up in my latest blanket, I can't get enough of them. I keep hunting out more yarn to use and foraging through different cupboards and baskets in the hope of finding the odd ball. (I didn't put 'or two' because it sounded quite rude!)

I've been using them in not particular order. When one ball runs out another takes its place and it makes for a rainbow coloured blanket.

Is it turquoise?


or green?


or pink?


or red?


Is it white?


It's growing fast and is going to be very heavy because I'm using a large hook and 3 strands of wool.


So is the wool useless or unused?

No, not now.


I think I shall call it my 'Useless/useful blanket'.


"Everyone and everything has a purpose. You just have to take the time to figure out what that purpose is."

Quote - Unknown



9 comments:

  1. That is so lovely it will be the most useful useless blanket ever :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really useful blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking gorgeous. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it will be great and lovely and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's your warm rainbow blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors, and it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the different colours and it looks very snuggly, just perfect for a blanket.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.