Sunday 5 August 2012

Maths

There are 6 in each small pile. (6 different squares can be made with 3 colours.) 6 x 19 = 114. There are 33 in the last large pile. 114 + 33 = 147 squares completed.


 Each square in the large pile needs 5 more squares to complete each set. So 33 x 5 = 165 squares still to make. Nearly half way there!


Now let's do some sums.

147 + 165 = 312 squares altogether. In order to have a double bed throw 2m long x 3m wide I should have 200/12 = 16 squares approx. by 300/12 = 25 squares. 16 x 25 = 400 squares. Oh no, not enough squares. Perhaps I'll have it a little smaller! I'd better check my figures.

6 comments:

  1. See, maths are important! Who would have thought when we were at school we would be using maths for crochet!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to look stunning. Those toes peeping into the pic are going to be lovely and warm under that come next winter :)

    And I love the white border - so many crocheted things have a dark border. I've never learnt to crochet - so can I put in an order? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll have to learn to crochet. There are lessons on this blog!
      xx
      PS I hope I'll finish it before winter.

      Delete
  3. Flowers in the snow - I might start another blanket !! This is just lovely; what yarn are you using?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Stylecraft and I bought it online from
      http://www.masonsneedlecraft.co.uk/
      xx

      Delete
  4. Dani

    I just learnt to crochet from the tutorial on this blog (thanks Mum!), and so far I have 32 squares finished, but I've run out of wool! I have to wait until I can find some going cheap to carry on, but I'm determined to have a blanket ready for winter! It's easier than you think, have a go!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.