Monday 13 August 2012

Knot Again

How is it that I can never find the end?


Ah, there it is.


Now I've just got to untangle this lot.


It took me 15 minutes and I rolled it into a small ball so I could manoeuvre it easily in my 'under and over' piecing together of Summer Blanket No. 2. SB1 for me is on the back burner at the moment. I thought that I could make some smaller 100 square blankets for DD and DS for Christmas presents. I'm joining by crocheting together. The going 'over' is easy. Just ch 1 and continue on to the next squares.


To go 'under' the ball of wool has to be passed to the other side of the blanket.


The loop is then passed under.


I pull it through with the crochet hook.


Here are some under and overs on the Summer Blanket 2.


7 comments:

  1. Interesting - I've not seen that technique before. Love the colours in your blanket.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mum
    Your blanket looks lovely. I like the joining, it has a nice effect.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that idea, its a new one on me, must try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never mastered the skill of joining squares and I do like the way you have done it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fantastic, I will share this with a friend forever stressing over the joining of squares.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was going to be a post about Knot End :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what cheery colours!



    ciao bella
    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.