Tuesday 31 January 2012

Versatile Blogger Award



What's this? - Anne from marmalade and catmint has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Quick, look it upon Google. I can't seem to find the origin of this award. Looks like it's a 'does the rounds and spreads' kind of award. Lovely to be nominated, thank you Anne and in order to 'pass it on' I have to look at the rules.

Rules
1. Thank the person who gave you this award. (done)
2. Include a link to their blog. (done)
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you've recently discovered or follow regularly and nominate them for this award.
(Gosh, this one's difficult. Every blog I follow is an excellent read. Give me time for this one.)
4. Finally tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. (Right, thinking cap on again.)

Seeing as this is a 'Versatile' award I shall try to think of bloggers who can be described with this adjective.

adjective
1. capable of or adapted for turning easily from one to another of various tasks, fields of endeavour, etc.: a versatile writer.
2. having or capable of many uses: a versatile tool.
3. Botany. attached at or near the middle so as to swing freely, as an anther.
4. Zoology. turning either forward or backward: a versatile toe.
5. variable or changeable, as in feeling, purpose, or policy: versatile moods.

So here's the first list with one observation of the blogger's versatility.

1. A Blessed Life - This lady can turn her work into an enjoyable outing with her family. A very loving lady.
2. Land of the Big Sky - This lady can turn her love of art into a practical and enjoyable experience for children. A very observant lady.
3. Frugal Living UK - This gentleman can turn a run down house into a home. A man with a plan.*
4. Unbought Delicacies - This lady can turn wool into wonderful creations. A thoughtful and talented lady.
5. The Smiths on Tour - This couple have decided to eliminate all fats, oils and processed foods from their diet. Wow!
6. Hardup Hester - This lady can juggle life, work and family with humour and love. In her words 'my life lurches from calm to chaotic'. Brilliant.
7. Meanqueen This lady is capable of 'many uses' - walking dogs, looking after cats, caring for the community, juggling finances. Capable and Caring - wonderful lady.
8. Oh, I give up now - every blog on my list and every follower following me has a person who is versatile behind it. I hearby award you all with the Versatile Blogger Award. Please feel free to pass it on and list some blogs of your own choosing showcasing the versatility of the blogger.

Now for the second list - 7 (versatile) facts about me. I think I'll tell everyone, not just Anne.

1. I can put my right foot round the back of my head.
2. I can swing one arm by my side in a clockwise direction whilst swinging the other in an anti-clockwise direction and then change directions without stopping.
3. My second toe is longer than my big toe.
4. I can recite the alphabet backwards.
5. 


(Pity I didn't check my punctuation.)

6. I can breathe in deeply and then hum continuously for 30 seconds.
7. I can touch the end of my nose with the tip of my tongue.

Now own up, how many of you have just:-
- contorted your arm or leg
- taken off your socks and inspected your feet
- pictured the alphabet in your head
- read through the note on the picture again
- picked up a pencil and paper
- hummed to no-one in particular
- and wiped spit off your top lip?

*One last thing (she says going off at a tangent) here is a very long palindrome.

amanaplanacanalpanama


16 comments:

  1. well that's an interesting list of things you can do......

    Well done on the award,

    Gill in Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just now found your blog, coming from Attic24, and I'm so glad I did! Lovely list, I needed that chuckle today! Thanks for sharing, and you deserve that reward. Look forward to more... Tory

      Delete
  2. Well done! and thank you, still havent got to grips with sorting Leibster Award. Must try harder should be my mantra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the award. I'm going to see how many of the seven I can do. I definitely can't put my foot round the back of my head.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be able to put my right leg behind my head too, but age seems to have made me seize up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,thank you very much for the award. I am always thrilled when I know that someone enjoys my blogging. Will follow the 'rules' of the award shortly on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to know when ,how and where you discovered you could do all of the above!be honest... it was before you found crafting lol thank you for the award..now I have to work out how to do the link and all that jazz I can't even work out how to show the award lol.....have a great day,as i drive in the bush today your image is going to be very much on my mind lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saved the image to my computer then clicked on the picture tool on the 'new post' page to add the picture to the post by uploading the file from the computer. Does all that make sense?
      xx

      Delete
  7. Hi mum, I loved your list of 7 things about you! I had a bit of a smile reading it.X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on winning the award, and thank you for nominating me. I like the bit you added to your comment on my blog, 'if you are into that sort of thing', it made me smile. I think you understand me, and so might a lot of other people. I will pass on this if I may.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly. It's definitely hard work sorting out a post nominating other blogs. Lots of backwardsing and forwardsing trying to put in the links.
      xx

      Delete
  9. Hi Mum,

    Congratulations on your award & thank you for passing it on to us - we are very grateful!

    K&S xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never met anyone else who can mirror write. I found I could do this as a teenager (don't ask me how I found out) and having not practiced for many, many years, I can still do it fairly easily. What a useless skill!!! I think I am too old and flabby for the 'physical' things though. Oh, and my second toe is bigger than my big toe too. Actually, I think this is too much information now ....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations. Loved your list ... made me chuckle! M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I was little I used to do the humming thing for ages to annoy my mum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bliddy hell I must have been sleeping when you posted this she says embarrassingly (is there such a word??) We have a few things in common here .... I used to be able to get my big toe in my mouth (now its more like put my foot in it metaphorically speaking of course ) ..... I can sing How Much Is that Doggy in the Window backwards ..... my second toe is also bigger than the big one (good child bearing hips sign according to my consultant many years ago) ... you have made me laugh .... thank you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.