Thursday 17 November 2011

Jolly Jaunt

My friends and I went on a Jolly Jaunt. Not much walking but much viewing. 


The lake water was so still and the clouds seemed to float on its surface.


The old farm outbuildings had unusual stonework. There's a name for this way of building with stone - can't remember it now.


Here's a window in one of the buildings - such a beautiful, simple design.


These notices caught our eye. They were in front of old, rusty lawnmowers.




We had a sit down and a rest in the cafe - wow, what a wonderful place. 


Flowers arranged simply in jars, mis-matched china and furniture.




A jolly time was had by all.

9 comments:

  1. Cafe looks great - just my kind of place. Interesting stone work!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree, the cafe looks great, I love pretty bone china.

    Thanks for the beautiful photos.

    Glad you've joined the sealed pot challenge.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel a little jaunt should always end with a lovely cuppa and a piece of cake (or in my case, a scone!)

    Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooohh that looks like one beautiful day ;-) Loving those signs ;-)) dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, it looks beautiful! What gorgeous photos :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely stroll for you and your companions. It looks heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an enchanting place. Love the funny signs. Rather nice old lawn mowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely, I like the signs! I also love mismatched crockery. The flowers in simple jars look so pretty.

    I am looking forward to early Spring when the daffodils come out. They are stunning in simple vases/jars.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.