Saturday 17 September 2011

Bung it all in soup

This is what you do ...

Pick it

I chose things growing in the garden - leeks, carrots, tomatoes, courgettes, chives and oregano, plus a couple of old potatoes found in a sack in the garage.

Chop it
Chopping by hand is very therapeutic. I must add that to my 'gym' list.


Add a slosh of secret ingredients
I also added 3 stock cubes. Boil it all up until it's mushy and then whizz it and eat it. Three '2 portion' lots went in the freezer and 3 portions eaten today. It was quite a thick soup so each batch could be doubled with added ingredients 'bunged in' at the reheating stage.

8 comments:

  1. Delicious. You've got leeks ready now, mine are a way off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making Garden Soup. It is different every time! Yours sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, new follower for you. I just found you and like what I see, especially soup. That's my kind of soup, bung it all in and season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Toffeeapple, thanks for stopping by. Glad to meet a fellow bunger!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo homemade soup Yum! You can't beat it, just the ticket now the we're into the wet and windy season.

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a homemade soup, sadly I've broken the blender so until I find a cheap substitute I'm without. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. i do love homemade garden soup!!!
    that's my kind of food.
    have a wonderful week,
    regina
    reginassimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. it's always exciting reading them.